20 June 2009

Rodeo!

I've been going to school in the West for 3 years now, and haven't been to a single rodeo. Until last night that is! Some of my guy friends took me to the Strawberry Days Rodeo in PG last night, and I can honestly say that I have never experienced anything like it before! They thought it was so weird that I didn't know what most of the events were, and all I could tell them was that we don't exactly have these sorts of things on the East Coast. Here's proof that I went:


There were all sorts of crazy events- lassoing a cow and tying it up, riding on crazy horses/bulls, barrel racing, etc. There was even some moto-cross thrown in, which the boys thoroughly loved.


Also, here's a picture of Sean walking in this giant pit that was the road on the way to the rodeo. I thought it deserved documenting.


These are our cowboy stamps! We're so legit!
Can you guess which one is mine? And if you say any other than the bottom right, you are so dead.


With this and the lumberjack festival I went to a few weeks ago (yes, it was as cool as it sounds), I feel like I'm finally starting to experience some Western things!

1 comment:

brandi milne said...

I wanna go to a rodeo!