16 June 2009

The World is a Lot Cooler When You're 21

So now that I have this blog I've been trying to decide how often to post. I mean, I don't want to post so often that I look like a socially handicapped loser, but I don't want to post so infrequently that I lose your (yes Karli, that would be you, as the only reader of this) interest. So basically, I'll be posting whenever I feel like.

Here's been some of the happs in my life since my last post (I know you've been sitting on the edge of your seat to find out):

Last night I went to my first "21 and older" event! Now I really feel 21! Lisa, Broderick, Mike, and I went to go see Carbon Leaf in SLC. Never heard of 'em? No worries, no one else has, but you should definitely check them out (and the lead singer was kind of cute in that "I-sometimes-have-lazy-eyes-and-a-hangover-high" kind of way). I had my ID all ready to show when I went in, and the guy spent forever checking it- checking my birthdate (and trying to calcutate that May really does come before June), trying to make sure the hologram wasn't fake (I don't know if he'd ever seen a PA liscence before), and counseling me not to puke all over the bar. He hardly checked the rest of the group's IDs...probably because they all are older than 23 and look their age (whereas I look only 14). Anyway, I definitely had fun, the music was good (although I like them better on CD), and several drunk people stumbled into me. I'd call the night a success!


Saturday, a bunch of us tried to go to Orem Summerfest. However, it had been raining pretty much all week, and Saturday was no exception. We decided to drive over anyway, only to find everything being taken down, so we didn't even get out of the car. It cleared up by that night, so we went to the parade! It's still a lil bit weird to watch parades and not be in them. I think I'll get used to it. But of course, it started to rain again. Luckily, a bunch of people had umbrellas. After the parade, the plan was to stroll around and wait for the fireworks, but after about 45 minutes of that I was so over being cold, wet, muddy, tired, etc and just wanted to go home. Another friend felt the same way, and we left before the fireworks. Good thing there's plenty of other chances to see fireworks over the summa.


video

2 comments:

Karli Woolley said...

"... I think she put on my windshield wipers wrong"

I like your blog. and your face.

Camille said...

I like YOUR blog and YOUR face too!