16 July 2009

Sacramento

So I just got back from my first trip to California, and it was so much fun! I was there for less than 24 hours to hang out with my friend Tom who is there selling food storage for the summer. It was a day full of adventures!

Tom picked me up from the airport and we went to Old Sacramento. It's this super quaint area of the city that's full of old western buildings and random fun little stores. There was an entire store devoted to socks, a couple to hats, and a plethora of candy shoppes (not that I'm complaining!). This one candy store even let you eat as much taffy as you wanted in the store. Needless to say, we were both pretty sick afterwords.



Next it was off the the zoo! We got there with only an hour and a half left, which actually ended up being a perfect amount of time. It wasn't a very big zoo. But the red panda and the lemurs were pretty cool!



Dad was in Sacramento, too (he does tons of business there), and he took us out to dinner- always a plus when someone else pays, especially when you're a poor college student.

Tom and I then hung out in the city for the next couple of hours. We walked to this beautiful park with lots of gorgeous flowers and an incredible view of the capitol building. The city is absolutely beautiful. At one point we found this awesome bridge over some river, so we got out of the car and walked across it. I kind of felt like "It's a Wonderful Life"...without the suicide wish.





Anyway, the whole trip was tons of fun. I had to get up early today to catch a flight out, but oh well. Yay California!

No comments: