22 February 2011

6 word memoirs

you've probably heard the story of how ernest hemingway was challenged to write a story in six simple words, and subsequently wrote, "for sale: baby shoes, never worn."

the online journal smith magazine has collected thousands of people's 6 word memoirs.  i've spent the last little bit thinking about what mine would be. i've come up with several over the past few days describing both my interests {love the east, art, travel, adventure} and myself {unsure, over-confident, adventurous, loud, amused}, but i think the one that best sums up what i've learned so far in all the lessons that life has offered me is this:

make the most of it, now

i might seem cliche, but i like it. i guess that makes me obstinate. add that to the list ;)  

so i want to know::

what are your six word memoirs? post them below, i'd love to know.

Six

although i was also partial to this one of mine, too:
living life like a constant adventure

8 comments:

parkermoffat said...

I'm the coolest guy you'll know.

Lisa said...

I was sad, now I'm happy

smile like you mean it said...

Be who you are, nobody else.

Jannifer said...

Hey Camille! I used this idea for a post on my blog as well. Hope you don't mind. It was interesting to think about.

parkermoffat said...

You can call me Mr. Awesome.

smile like you mean it said...

Your Body is An Amazing Wonderland....sorry I had to do it.

Eringling said...

living, the thing i do best.

Megan said...

I'm stealing this as a blog post, too . . .