12 February 2011

the results are in

i like it when my theories are proved correct.

the next time you're out to eat with new people, if you see someone eating with a knife, go ahead and ask them where they are from on the east coast.

here are the stats:

total respondents :
{including both comments on the last post and on my facebook status}:
17
men:
5
women:
12
total who do use knives:
9
total who don't use knives:
8
east coasters:
7
west coasters:
10

here's where it gets good.
of those who do use knives, 6 are from the east coast, 3 are from the west coast* {one of whom is extremely well traveled, so {s}he is only partially west-coast}. 7 were female, 2 were male.

of those who don't use knives, only 1 is from the east coast {here is where i publicly shame my brother and think of all the times my mother has reprimanded him for not eating with one}, where a resounding 7 are from the west coast.

Conceited Cutlery
{link}

i really want to insert a comment on the uncouth nature of one group, but i know i will receive lots of anger over that.  oops, looks like i just did.

*yes, i include utah in west coast. i'm from the eastern seaboard, and that's just how we see it. no apologies. 

2 comments:

Jeffreyhpierce said...

You're still trying to convince us that the East coast is better than the West. I remain unconvinced.

parkermoffat said...

I am proudly uncouth AND an East coaster.

Boom.

PS, I'm from Ulanbataar, remember? That's central Asia. You're lucky I even use a fork.