24 July 2011

I came home to a bedroom full of the boxes that I'd shipped home.  I thought unpacking would be easy, until I remembered that all of my bookshelves and any other top of a surface (dressers, desks, etc) are already overflowing, and that I'd sent home 4 large boxes and 2 suitcases full of more books.  So those are just going in a corner for now.  I'll unpack the remaining boxes of clothes this week. Or next.

Tonight, I've been trying to clear some space on the top of my desk.  As I've gone through it, I realized that it's a very large and cluttered snapshot of who I am.  My desk is not neat, and it is far from tidy.  It's jam packed with music, books, journals, developed film, old digital cameras, trinkets and paraphernalia from around the world, Art History and French notes, craft projects, lotion, jewelry, and a ping-pong paddle.  It's full of my interests, hobbies, and memories.

I'm in a strange phase of life.  I think know I'm doing a great job dealing with all the uncertainty that surrounds me, even if it may be harder for others.  So for now, I'll continue to wear the beret I got in Paris, and remember where I've come from.  And I'll be happy that I'm happy with who I am.

clean desk

No comments: