24 November 2011

The Heart Of Life Is Good- Camille (That's Me!)

I spend a lot of time thinking about what it is that makes the heart of life good.  Ultimately, that's the whole aim of this blog.  Posting about my adventures, thoughts, and interests, no matter how big or small, is really nothing more than documenting my own process to understand this.  What makes the heart of life good? Why do I desire to have a good life? What are the benefits of leading a good life? What have I done to deserve having a good life?

I still haven't answered any or all of these questions fully.  As I sat and thought about the many people who are Good influences in my life, I made a list of traits and attributes that these people possess:

Selflessness
Self-fulfillment
LOVE
Good humouredness
Honesty
Dependability
Seeks after Beauty
Peace
Joy
Compassion
Complimentary
Sureness of eternal perspective and eternal nature
Service
Willingness
Self-worth

To me, all of these traits {and so many more unlisted ones} can be summed up in one word: CHARITY.  For the past few years, it seems to me that everything really does come back to this one little word.  I sit and think about various problems in the world, both macro- and microscopic, and as I ponder and discuss with friends and family, the conclusion that I come to over and over and over is that Charity really never faileth.  I believe that we would all be so much happier, that we would all recognize that the heart of life really is good, if we strove to be just the slightest bit more charitable everyday. 

This year, I'm thankful for fears.  For challenges that help me to develop and to grow these traits and to help me progress towards who I aim to become.  I am especially thankful for friends and family who expemplify these characteristics, and who teach me through their actions.  I'm thankful that I know that I have a Saviour who possesses all of these traits perfectly, and who still loves me for my imperfections and strivings to be like Him.

I'm thankful that I know that the heart of life is good.

I am thankful!


On a lighter note, I am thankful for: cool door knobs, adventures, good haircuts, sales, museums, yoga, my amazing friends and family, crunchy leaves, waterice, anything that sparkles {except vampires}, good looking men, film cameras, and dry shampoo.

1 comment:

Anna Peterson said...

Beautiful post. You have so many of those traits yourself. Seriously. That song is one of my very faves of John Mayer. Also, "anything that sparkles (except vampires)...ha.