13 November 2011

Let's Be Honest Here

This is what I want.
{photos via [here] and [here]. ub-sessed with both.}

I am not ashamed.  I am surprised at the number of people who I know should feel the same, but don't.  I can not get over the number of people who scoff at it, and the number of women in that group who find it degrading.  Because I don't.  I don't think it means giving up who I am.  I don't think it makes me any less of a person.  This is what I individually want and need.  And contrary to a seemingly popular belief, it is empowering.  I crave that love & service & challenge.  But at the slightest whisper or faintest mention of how I feel, the person with whom I express these desires clams up--in that I disagree with you but want to be polite so I won't say anything kind of way.  It pains me.  Because if everyone feels this way, it leaves me with no one.  That's what scares me most.

{[here]}

There's so much more rounded out emotion to how I feel about this, but only so much can be conveyed in a blog.  

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

1. I miss you
2. THAT PHOTO.
3. Agreed. I wish I didn't feel like I had to say, "Despite all my hyper-feminist talk, this is what I want." Because, really, I don't see a conflict.

Laura Tait said...

I want it too!! Don't be ashamed!!

Megan said...

You're not alone.

Charlotte said...

Okay, so I don't know how this post slipped through my radar. I love it.

I'm here to tell you that you've got it right. Marriage is empowering. It is love and service, and it is certainly a challenge.

And really, I think that marriage is supposed to make you more yourself. You've got it all right, Camille. You really do.

Debra L. Andersen said...

Me too! Secrets out!