21 December 2011

State Side European Christmas

Even though I'm celebrating Christmas in America, it doesn't mean that I'm not being as Euro as possible for the season.

Monday night, I went to the Emabssy of Romania with my roommate and her coworker for a brass quartet Christmas carol concert.  We even got to sing two carols in Romanian!  I was one of a handful of attendees who didn't speak Romanian, and I can't get over just how nice the people at the concert were.  They were all so friendly and welcoming, and made me feel right at home.
romania

A few weeks ago, I went to a Santa Lucia service, hosted in part by the Swedish Embassy.  The one Swedish phrase I know {"I would like a candy"} didn't come up, but the service was absolutely beautiful.  I knew my Swedish Senior Prom date would have been proud of me, as I was able to pronounce {if not understand completely} the words on the page as we sang hymns and carols.
Santa Lucia

Joyeux Noel! 
{Do you see what I did there? I used a Euro language to say Merry Christmas!  Totes impressive, right?}

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE that you went to a St Lucia service!! Also love your Saint Lucia hair (although I guess that was at the Romanian embassy).