29 February 2012

On Poets and Leap Day

HAPPY LEAP DAY! Did everyone see the 30Rock episode for leap day?  I hope so, otherwise you won't get why I'm showing off the fact that I'm wearing blue & yellow in the picture below:
Blue&Yellow
And yes, I intentionally tilted my head so you could see that I indeed am wearing a ponytail AKA I'm not bald.

In other news, last night was marvelous!  I had plans with some friends in Georgetown.  Since I got there a bit early, I decided to walk around a bit.  Papersource was calling my name {paper stores = exactly how I want heaven to be}, and I ran into Michele!  Once it got to be 6:30, we went to George's, King of Falafel for dinner with the rest of the group.  Delicious!  The main point of the evening was to listen to a reading by Charles Simic, the 2007 Poet Laureate!  It was so great!  I really liked his poems.  Know who liked them even more?  The female professor who introduced him.  She was giddy like a Bieber fan, no joke!  Sorry I don't have any pictures of that, my camera was dead and I didn't realise it. Fer sad!
Paper Source

No comments: