23 July 2012

That Time I Went To NYC For A Few Hours

Love 'em and leave 'em baby, love 'em and leave 'em.  I took a quick trip to NYC on Saturday, inspired by a desire to break out of the neo-classical architecture that is D.C. and to see a museum, get some delicious food, and go to some parks.

Grand Central, always a pleasure.  I love your beautiful ceiiiilings.
GSS
Grand Central

Guggenheim, I really like your spiral staircase.  Also, thank you for allowing me to feel so cool (despite rocking headgear a headset) because I had already seen some of the photographs on display at the Tate Modern.
El Guggenheim Museum
Outside the Guggenheim! More to come
Inside the Guggenheim. Love.
Headgear

Laduree, I'm so glad that your only U.S. location is so conveniently located to museum mile, and that I could be so happy and eat so many delicious macarons.  So so happy.
At Laduree. In America. I love my life.
LADUREE

Central Park.  Best park in America.  I've loved you for always.  Perfect place to eat macarons, people watch, and feel like a Waldorf/Van der Woodsen.  Le perfect.
Fountain.
Central Park
In that centrally located park.
Central Park
French macarons. British flag. Beautiful American park. Couldn't be happier.
Laduree in Central Park
Central Park
Central Park
Central Park
Glad to see that NY has these funny Get Adopted by a Squirrel ads, too

Pret, you make me so happy.  It makes me even happier that you have so many more locations in NYC than in DC.  Eating at Pret makes me think of England.  Which is why I ate there for both lunch and dinner.
Prete

Bryant Park, a great place to eat Pret and watch a wannabe mime play bocce ball.  Perfect.
Bryant Park Mime
Walking

NYC, I'm glad we're friends.


3 comments:

Taylor Ann said...

TELL ME you're dating Nate......

...please?

Aspiring Kennedy said...

I'm so glad to know that America is embracing some of the bests of UK cuisine. When were you in London?

Camille said...

I LOVE Pret! I took a few trips to London during the time that I studied at Cambridge. I love everything about England, so I'm so excited for you (that's more mature than saying that I'm actually jealous, right?) that you are there!