08 October 2012

So Let's Review

To quote my friend Joseph, "Camille, what isn't wrong with your life right now?"

And I promise, that is meant in the most optimistic way possible!

But let's do as the title of this post suggests and review.

Thursday, I tried to make some amazing and impressive pumpkin cupcakes for a housewarming party on Friday.  I even mixed the dry  ingredients together on Wednesday night, knowing how crunched for time I would be on Thursday!  Luckily for me (see, optimism!), I decided to break out of my norm and line the cupcake pan before I mixed everything together.  Only then did I remember that I had lent mine out! "No big deal," I thought. "I'll just call the neighbors." I searched high and low (well, I personally searched low while the 6'5" neighbormate searched high) and was unable to find one.  I found out on Sunday that apparently their cupcake pan was right in front of me the whole time.  Thankfully (again!), my friend Sarah brought these AMAZING oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to the party on Friday, so it was sweet for sure!

At the party on Friday, I was one of two single people.  The other person was a boy, but it was this boy I used to like/lower-case date and now we don't talk (except for when he wants a ride).  But that's ok! I got to see Beth and Jonathan's sweet new digs!  And look at their wedding albums since I was unable to attend their wedding (since I was at my brother and sister-in-law's wedding!)!  And I got to see another friend, Stefi, I haven't seen in a few years since we  both worked at the same florist, and she's newly married and just so cute!

Saturday night there was a Post Priesthood Session party.  I bought dairy-free ice cream and some strawberries to cut up as a topping.  I had about 5 minutes at home after babysitting the neighbors before I had to head out.  And for the life of me, I could not find my keys!!!! All I did in that 5 minutes was unload the dishwasher.  I checked everywhere!!! We're talking the fridge, the dishwasher, the cupboards, the couches, the recycling, dumping out the entire contents of my purse...everywhere!!! I made a few calls and got a ride, and I was able to reconnect with a girl I haven't had a chance to talk with in a while and it was so great and I just felt wonderful about being able to catch up with her (and the keys were recovered that night!)

As I was going to bed after the party on Saturday, I couldn't find my phone.  I looked for it, but only kind of since it was late and I was tired and I just wanted to be curled up in bed.  The next morning, I couldn't find it.  Which was kind of bad since I was having my committee over for a planning meeting over creme brulee French toast and warm spiced apple cider, and I had offered to pick people up from the metro.  We had a great meeting!  I couldn't find my phone during either session of conference (in between sessions we made Neiman Marcus cookies!!!)  This whole time, I had been emailing and posting online about how I couldn't find it, asking for people to look.  My roommate Eve suggested that I PRAY, and guess what, PRAYER WORKS!!!! We drove where the party was last night, and through a series of promptings and miracles, found my phone in the gutter!!!! It had been raining off and on for about 24 hours, but it still mostly worked!!!!! I've had to put it in rice overnight because it did start to glitch up a bit, but it should be fine :)

This morning, my alarm didn't go off.  I had to use my iPod for an alarm Sunday and today, because my phone was gone/drying.  Sunday it worked great.  Last night, I went to bed with a fully charged iPod, and it died in the night, which it did not do the night before.  I never thought I would be grateful for those loud trucks that have been in our neighborhood lately, but I am thankful (yes, really!!!) for those trucks, as they woke me up!! And I'm thankful that my 3rd Day Hair somehow miraculously looks like 1st Day Hair, as I was planning on washing it this morning.

I drive to work through Rock Creek Park.  It's gorgeous, and I don't mind the congestion so much because it's like the Garden of Eden.  However, it was blocked off at one point, so I had to turn around and drive through downtown.  But I still made it to work on time, even a little early!!!! How is that possible?!!?!!

Somehow, everything really has been going wrong lately (I didn't even include everything here), but it doesn't seem that bad.  I am grateful that I am able to see the positive through it all, and be forced to turn unto the Lord.

And to thank you for making it to the end, here are some pretty and autumnal photos!

/via: here/
/via: here/
/via: here/


5 comments:

Beth said...

I'm reeeeeally really glad you came to the party. Really. You are the coolest.

Camille said...

I am so happy I went!!!!! Delicious and fun, aka the two best things everrr!!!

Utah Girl Am I said...

Holy cow! In the rain gutters?? C, that's insane! So glad you found it. The Lord really DOES answer prayers. :)

Jennifer said...

Have I returned your cupcake pan?

Camille said...

Grabbed it from Stephanie! Thank you :)