16 January 2013

Thrifter Hipster

Once upon a time when I was in about 5th grade, I had this beautiful red plaid skirt that I loved.  I loved it so much that I even wore it when we took this sibling-shot by the cherry blossom tree. (Shout out to Paigey's awesome expression; also, proof that I was taller than Sam at one point.)

Kids with Cherry Bloosom Tree

Once upon another time when it was about two weeks ago, I wore that same beautiful red plaid skirt to work. (Ignore the fact that this is a mirror shot taken in my roommate's room, I was texting it to Jennifer for approval.)

Skirt

And that's why you invest in clothing. 15ish years of wear, baby.

6 comments:

Hailey said...

makes me sad that you still fit into clothes from the 5th grade.. I'm pretty sure that mine would only go around my arm...

Beth said...

So great! When we were in AZ 2 weeks ago I found my old prom dresses and OF COURSE put them both on and modeled. But I will probably not wear them out like your awesome red skirt.

smile like you mean it said...

HAH. I have always loved my expression in that picture. I was so pumped to take that picture. Go 5th grade skirt!

Utah Girl Am I said...

How do you still fit into your 5th grade clothes?? is what I want to know. Also, hi to Eve's room! I'd know that blue lamp/desk chair/desk anywhere!

Marlen said...

hahah that is SO awesome (love your family shot by the way- paige really was the best haha). i had this one black ruffle skirt with hot pink lining that i was absolutely obssessed with. i wish i still had it!

Jourdan said...

I adore both.