21 May 2013

The Great Gatsby Birthday Party

My birthday was on Sunday, and guys, it was amazing. The kind of birthday that was so good and beautiful and fun and touching that I'm slightly in shock writing/thinking about it.

I had a Great Gatsby party on Sunday to celebrate!! I want to shout Thank You! from the rooftops to my roommates for helping set up/keeping the event running smoothly, to Jennifer and Bianca and Sarah for bringing delicious food, and to everybody for dressing up!!!  Everyone dressed up!!! Major win!

Pictaaa overload. I don't have the 'book, so I can do that. And we kept the lights low for ambiance, so everyone ended up with those white/glittery eyes. Festive, right?:

My version of this photo (Leoooooo)
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Jennifer made the most amazing food!! Thank you!!
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Trent learned how to tie a bow tie just for the occasion! How cute is that?
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Sarah, I just can't get over how cute she is here! Thanks for making cookies!!
Great Gatsby birthday
I call this "The Three Graces"
Great Gatsby birthday
Oreo! White dress between two black dresses!
Great Gatsby birthday
Thanks to Bianca for making truffles!!
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Roommates! (-Eve)
Great Gatsby birthday

Jessica gave the most beautiful toast (which I hear was my friend Jeff's idea- how sweet is he?), and I was so touched. What a moment, I'll never forget it.
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday
Great Gatsby birthday

I am so, so lucky. 

PS- Birthdays of years past: 2012/2011/2010/2010 again

7 comments:

Kel said...

so impressed with how smashing everyone looks! I'm glad you had such a fabulous birthday!!

Beth said...

This party looks off. the. hooooook. You and your friends all look beautiful/handsome/delightful. P.S. I have that same dress for the Downton party next month (great minds think alike). You will have to share your secrets for keeping it from snagging! I'm paranoid.

Camille said...

We missed you, Kelli! I hope you're feeling better :)

Beth, my only advice is to not go near the food. Or the red drink. No way was I risking that...as soon as the last guest was gone, I changed into PJs and scarfed all the left overs... PS- Donuts this week?

Jen said...

i love it!!!!! happy belated birthday!!

Kati said...

So fun, sad I wasn't able to make it! The pictures are amazing, the costumes, oh man!!!

Lisa McBride said...

my heart is broken I couldn't have made it - it looks like the most fabulous birthday party there ever was!!! Also I'm even more devastated that I didn't text or Skype you happy birthday!!! But nevertheless I hope it was all you dreamed it would be (the rest of the birthday, since I know that party sure was!!!)

Love and miss you lots!

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge said...

Wow great party and love your dress. Where did you get it from?