18 June 2013

National Arboretum

Have you been to the National Arboretum yet?  It's AMAZING!! I'm sad to say that it took me living here for almost 2 years before I made my first trip this past Saturday. My friend Courtney goes there pretty regularly, which made her the perfect tour guide.  There's so much more to see!!!

Arboretum
Arboretum
Arboretum

Did you know that each strand of silk on an ear of corn connects to a different individual kernel? That's how they get their nutrients.  SO COOL!
Arboretum
Arboretum

Within the Herb Garden there are smaller nook gardens: medicinal, dye, and fragrance, to name a few.
Arboretum
Arboretum

There's also a Bonsai Garden!  Bonsai trees always make me think of Bodley's Court.
Arboretum
Arboretum

Courtney also had us write some original poetry, and then we shared our poems with each other.  Talk about an exercise in vulnerability!
Arboretum
Arboretum

Next time, I fully plan on exploring the original columns from the Capitol!
Arboretum

No comments: