23 July 2013

On Confidence

I am confident, but I am not invincible.  I am not a stranger to feelings of inadequacy and doubt.

Everyone I associate with is incredible.  I can say, with perhaps a little too much sincerity, that I am obsessed with my friends and acquaintances.  How could I not be?  They are all attractive, poised, successful, funny, intelligent, wise, composed, and so much more.  I know that they are not perfect, but to me it's so easy to see the beautiful good in them all.  There are moments here and there where I look around me, and all I see is what I'm not.  Moments where I feel that I am not as physically, emotionally, or spiritually developed as my peers.  I had an epiphany this week.  These wonderful, wonderful people are my friends.  And if all 200+ of them are this polished, chances are that I'm not just this random person who doesn't belong. Logic tells me that I have to be more like those around me than I realize.  Most of the time I see that.  I believe it and I live it.  But other times, that's hard for me to see and to feel.  This epiphany helps.  I trust in the love I feel from these people, these friends of mine.

I've worked really hard to develop confidence.  I'd venture so far as to say it might be the hardest thing I've ever worked at.  Nothing gives me greater joy than helping others to develop a deep, residing love of self.  This is where I'd love to get your advice.  What are some things that you do for others or that others have done for you to help you to discover self-worth and confidence?  Let's make the world a better place.


/via/

And yes, this epiphany came while I was getting a pedicure, so basically now I have the perfect excuse to go get my nails did whenever I want.

2 comments:

Utah Girl Am I said...

I read ABAL, of course! (No, but seriously... Example- http://www.ablogaboutlove.com/2012/01/how-to-stop-comparing-yourself-to.html)

Kel said...

I'm so glad we talked about this a few nights ago! this is one of my favorite topics: confidence, self esteem, body image, empowerment. because I think when people are fully confident they treat others like gold, and the world functions better.

my take is: fill the measure of your creation to gain confidence! I think people do this simply by using their brain, heart, and body. developing their their passions and personality (brain), loving people and themselves (heart), and moving and improving their bod (body).

and I would like to say that I can tell you have worked at this Miss Camille. because you put your cute, hilarious, crazy, happy self out there w/out any hesitation and others flock to you :) confidence is so attractive.