23 July 2013

Shenandoah Water Slides

Just writing the title of this post made me feel sooooo coool!!

If you're ever in Shenandoah, go to that one trailhead that Trent knows about, hike down exactly 2 or 3 miles, and on your left you will find these natural rock water slides.  If you're like me and were thinking "sliding on rocks sounds like it could be painful," let me reassure you that it's only painful that one time you go down in a train and you get a sliding start on dry rock.  So yeah, it might be time to retire that bathing suit soon.  The whole experience was perfect.

Slides
Slides
Group on Slides
Slides
Gals on Slides
Slides
Group

And for good measure, here we are looking all fierce at some overlook pre-sliding
Group at Overlook
Overlook
I mean, that view!!! AmIright?

4 comments:

preethi said...

Seriously, this looks amazing. So going to try to go there, even with kiddos.

Melanie said...

Yep, I'm totally thinking it looks painful.

Jannifer said...

This looks so fun! I wish I lived closer so I could check this place out.

Kati said...

That looks amazing!!