13 November 2013

Timber: Absolutely Perfect Escape 1

Or, as Annabelle calls it, "That Gossip Girl weekend you went on."

I'm looking at photos from this weekend in Shenandoah, and I'm still in awe that I was actually there.  That beautiful view? It was real, and it was right there.  Literally all I did this weekend was relax.  Hot tub, caverns, moccasins, food, Skyline drive, hanging around the cabin.  The life.

Glamping
IMG_3539

Sarah, Aubrey, and I had a bit of fright on the way up.  A fright which was made all the creepier by walking into the cabin, lights ablaze, music playing, chili boiling on the stove, and not a soul in sight.  Turns out they were all in the hot tub out back.
April Flory

This weekend was the best I've eaten in a long time.  We all took turns cooking/cleaning…I really loved cooking for 20 people so looks like I'm going to be blessed with a boatload of children.
April Flory
Glamping
Dr. Chris is drinking a coke before 8am, but you know, yoga?  So, healthy?
Glamping

There were heli rides:
Glamping

One of the best parts of the weekend was all the snuggling.  Especially that time Christiane braided my hair and Chris massaged my hand (my favorite thing in the world)…simultaneously.
Glamping
April Flory
April Flory

Church was the best because the branch was tiiiiinnyy and they were in love with us (we got invited back for Thanksgiving!).  Also, let it be known that I got out of bed at 8:40 to leave at 8:45. BOOM.
April Flory

The weekend was a blast, I wish I could have stayed on Monday, too!  Watching Kelli blow out individual birthday candles that we each held was definitely a highlight.  
April Flory
April Flory

We Luray Caverned and we Skyline Drived.  Those posts are coming.  Patience.

Some of these photos are from April, they're noted as such if you click on them.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

This looks amazing! So beautiful.

Kati said...

Love it, so fun!! The pictures are so great. What a phenomenal view!

Kel said...

so much love for this post and so glad you were there my dear!!

Beth said...

Mountains? Massages? Church? This group knows how to party.
XOXO, Gossip Girl