17 December 2013

Fete Des Lumieres

Steph and I went to the Fete des Lumières on Friday.  It's a one week exhibit in GTown (on Thomas Jefferson Avenue) of glowing sculptures made out of saran wrap and it's awesome.  There's this animated tree projected on an orb at Grace Church, and you can text your wishes and they appear on the tree.  
Art, France, friends, sculptures I can creep on-I could not ask for more.

Fête des lumières
Fête des lumières
Fête des lumières
Fête des lumières
Fête des lumières
Fête des lumières

2 comments:

preethi said...

HOW did I not know about this? We did a little fete des lumieres thing on the 8th - made clementine candles, talked about the history, was going to make a buche but, well, didn't. Still fun, though!

Camille said...

That is so fun!!! This is the first year they've done it here in DC, and honestly, it wasn't super well advertised. I believe it'll be up until Friday, 12/20...worth checking out if you have a chance!