12 December 2013

Lately

Lately I've been recovering from a lost voice/being a touch sick.  I've also been spending my free time looking into cars, so basically being boring.  Kudos to my friends for putting up with a less-energetic-and-exciting-than-normal Camille.  I just took a bunch of medicine shortly before I started writing this, and it seems to be helping.

Last night we had a Fare-Thee-Well party for SAJ.  I'm in denial.  But maybe this bodes well for my future car?
SAJ farewell

I've been loving this song.  Whenever it comes on shuffle, I pick up my [walking/jogging/running] pace and feel so resilient.


I've been feeling stuck, unable to progress.  I've been feeling resigned to a life where I am not contributing or achieving.  It is incredibly alarming to me that I feel that way.  I have never been that sort of person.  What changed?  What needs to change?  I was gchatting with Dan this week, and I had an epiphany.  I'm my most optimistic when I'm consistently collaborating with creatives friends.  Styling photoshoots,  making art projects and going on all sorts of adventures makes me come alive and feel like I can conquer anything.  I have so many wonderful friends here in D.C. who are also passionate about the arts (I no longer have to defend my interests to my peers?! Is this heaven?!).  But in the two years I've been here, I have yet to find a creative match- someone who likes to envision and create in the way and to the level that I do.  I will not let that deter me.

kb under water
cm under water

I am wearing thermal underwear (well, shirt and pants) under my regular clothes today and it reminds me of my college days.

No comments: