04 September 2014

To My D.C. Family

I count my friends here in D.C. among my family.  You all have been there for me without ceasing.  Do you remember how I moved here without a place to live, and I knew maybe 3 people?  You took me in, and you befriended me.  Do you remember the adventures we had?  Oh, how we explored, how we camped and road tripped and dressed up for all sorts of parties.  Do you remember the hard times?  The times when others were cruel, but you were always there to make me smile.  The times when I was job hunting, and you coached me through months of applications.  The times when I was sick, and you made me better.  The times when I was hurting, and you just knew how to comfort me.

Do you know how much you helped me?  I do.
Do you know how much your examples have inspired me?  I do.
Do you know how much your love has comforted me?  I do.

I wouldn't be where I am or who I am today without all of my angel friends that I have met here in D.C.

That's what makes this move so hard for me.  I am so excited to see my family...but I am sorrowful to be leaving my family here.  I feel so much misery at being extracted seemingly before my time, and certainly before I am ready.  I don't know how to tell everyone.  I don't think I could survive telling everyone.  I had been fairly composed this week, but as soon as I told Michelle, it all came flooding out.  And it didn't stop for the rest of the night.

D.C. is my home.  I never imagined a day where I would end up in Utah again, but I keep reminding myself that it's not permanent.  I know, for whatever reason that I can't fully get my head around, that I need to do this.  I also know that I will be able to come back home.


I am moving, and I am leaving D.C.  For now.




November 2011

and I'm bawling as I write this.

11 comments:

Kati said...

I'm tearing up too. DC won't be the same without you. But I'm proud of you for following what is right, even though it's painful.

preethi said...

I had no idea you were moving! I know you'll be so busy before, but we'd live to see you if you're able!

Hannah Wallace Brookes said...

Utah is lucky to have you!!!

Beth said...

I can't. . . I'm still in denial about this. Stoked for you (change is so exciting!) but incredibly bummed for the rest of us. COME BACK SOON!

smile like you mean it said...

I just love you :) You always are an inspiration to me!

Utah Girl Am I said...

Oh, I just love you. I'm gonna miss you, my little Camillionaire! :(

Nicole Carloni said...

What?!?! I know I'm in Boston, but I'm planning on being back in DC as soon as I finish school in December. I'm sad you won't be there when I get back, but hopefully you'll be back soon after I return :-)

Monica said...

you're coming back!! Can we be friends again?!

Andrea Weinberg said...

You are just the best! So sad to read this (sad for those of us in DC) but so happy for you and for you to be with family! I've been checking your blog on the reg as usual -- thinking of you!

Megan said...

Oh, Camille. I'm sorry that you have to leave your beloved DC. I'm glad I was able to come visit while you were still there. I'd love to see you when you're back in Utah. Just let me know.

Jannifer said...

Camille, I'm so behind on all of my blogs. Welcome back to Utah! Change can be hard. Know that you are welcome at my house anytime if you want to eat some ice cream and hold a cute baby, because that is what I do pretty much every night. Yeah, I'm exciting like that.